Book 2 Post 1 - Feel-Good Your Way to Success

For Book 2, I have been reading "Feel-Good: How To Do More of What Matters To You" by Ali Abdaal. This book has given me various insights into how to maximize efficiency throughout the limited time in my day and has given me the chance to reflect on my current living habits. Although I have only read the first few chapters of the book, here are some key insights I have understood so far.

First of all, I admire the way Abdaal flips the script of what it means to be "productive". He wants us to forget the hustle culture, and instead, claim happiness in getting more done, instead of simply working hard. Abdaal disagrees with the idea that simply pushing yourself to the limit is representative of productivity and success. He wants us to focus on our well-being and positive emotions to fuel our productivity engine instead, which I found to be truly inspiring and giving me peace of mind. 

Abdaal mentions how we need to "power up our energy" and start by feeling good, whatever that entails. For me, I realized that my mind needs to be at a zen state, where no outside influence or intrusive thoughts are clouding my head and leaving me restless. His idea of prioritizing sleep, exercise, and activities throughout our daily routine is also something that I agree with, as a healthy lifestyle can become the foundation for a secure and happy life to ultimately tackle our goals.

In college, I have found that balancing out such a healthy lifestyle is extremely difficult due to the endless list of responsibilities that we have to go through on a daily. It is our first glimpse into adulthood and independence and properly navigating it from the start is key to maintaining healthy habits throughout the four years of our college life. From attending classes, budgeting, keeping up with our social lives, and grocery shopping, to working out, the list is endless. However, I also agree that we should try to enjoy these activities as much as possible instead of thinking of them as chores and turning a task into a hobby. I hope to gain more insights as I continue my reading and apply it to my lifestyle as well. 

Comments