Random Post 1 - Music & Concerts

College is when we dive into new experiences, establish our views on life, and mold our identity by understanding what brings our best selves forward. As someone who is particularly attentive to my surroundings,  I believe the environment surrounding me has played a significant role in driving my college career to the direction I am set forth to now. One of the reasons why I cherish Los Angeles and the community I am in now is due to the positive influence I've received, which has allowed me to cultivate my college experience to the fullest.

Hence, I have been able to tremendously grow my appreciation for all things music and concerts during my past four years at USC, and it has now become an important part of my identity that I cannot miss in my day-to-day life.

I essentially enjoy listening to any genre of music or artist, as long as it is pleasing to my ears. Recently, my go-to genres have been house, EDM, country, hip-hop, or soft music. Depending on the mood or occasion, I prefer to stick to a single genre of music to immerse myself better in the beat and atmosphere. To help with the process, I have been allocating a lot of my free time to creating Spotify playlists that are meaningful to me and representative of my different moods and traits.

In terms of EDM, I have been growing an appreciation for the genre recently as I have been attending multiple concerts and raves featuring famous EDM artists. Illenium, Gryffin,  John Summit, Porter Robinson, and Martin Garrix are some of my go-to artists in this genre who release music on the regular. Their music is more melodic EDM, although sometimes they may go into hard beats for a special set or two.

One of the newest and most admired genres I have been following these days is House. House music is originally from Chicago in the early 1980s and features a style of high-temp, EDM music. I would like to describe it as a more classy and sophisticated version of EDM, which is also why I am so drawn to it. Different types of music are played in different environments, depending on the atmosphere and the people surrounding the environment. Going to a warm rooftop during sunset hours in a clean and fitted outfit to enjoy House music sounds like my ideal night out, and something that would help unravel my inner self. Some House artists that I have been looking into these days include: KAYTRANADA, Fred again.., LOSTBOYJAY, and Dom Dolla. 

Being able to access millions of tracks on the go and enjoy them alone or with others in any setting is a blessing. I believe music is a core part of my identity that helps me connect with myself + others. Every song comes with a myriad of stories, memories, emotions, and topics of debate to unravel that can allow for an endless night of talking & bonding in never-expected settings. In the future, I hope to come across more chances to watch these artists perform live and absorb the deep emotions that I feel listening to each and every track. 

Comments