World We Dare to Imagine - Post 1

In today's world where the boundaries of community are quickly shifting and the definition of a global citizen is being redefined, the problems we face together are to be solved more than ever. The need to solve issues of climate change, social justice, or any other global matter all transcends borders, ideologies, and backgrounds. 

Reflecting on the quote by Jacqueline Novogratz, one idea that came to mind about making this come to life is using the power of technology to educate and help people understand equality better. Not only that, leveraging the overbearing technology that exists today and putting it good use, like providing everyone with equal opportunities is a viable solution that individuals across the globe can develop together. Today, there is plenty of information available online or through technology - maybe even too much that misinformation spreads so easily and causes collateral damage. It is our responsibility to catch these flaws and make an impact on society that can lead to a global scale.

Today, boundaries don't exist as they used to. The meaning of it can be very subjective nowadays, physically and figuratively. Based on one's upbringing, it could affect an individual differently. I believe above all, the most tangible way to create change in our era is to start with small acts of kindness and everyday actions that can create gradual improvements. If everyone does their duty from their place, the world can be a better place with fewer marginalized voices and segregation. As we harness the power of what is in front of us, we can certainly make the necessary changes to create the world we dare to imagine. 




Comments

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I really like how you commented on the increasing spread of misinformation due to the rise of technology use, I never really considered that this could actually obstruct social growth and welfare. I think instead of bringing people together, it can have some polarizing effects. While I think it is important to have a difference in opinion, people should respect each other by using kindness and compassion. I also like how you touched upon how small acts of kindness can create gradual, but important improvements. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah, I agree with you that nowadays technology is the best optimal way for us to change so many problems. That is why we are at school to study right now. We are making ourselves a better person to make some changes to the society. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, I agree that technology can be both a force of good and incredibly misleading/destructive. I think was especially apparent during the height of Covid when a lot of misinformation was being spread through various social media channels. I also liked how you mentioned the importance of small acts of kindness and I agree that big change begins from taking small steps. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment